OpenSCAD 2015.03 has just been released!
This release adds a number of features which has been in development for some time. Most prominent are text(), offset() and list comprehension functionality, as well as a better editor and other GUI improvements implemented during last year’s Google Summer of Code.
The source code, as well as binaries for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux are ready for download.
Lots of thanks go to everyone who have contributed to this release through development, translation, bug reports, bug fixes, documentation, discussions, as well as testing the development snapshots!
A summary of changes since last release follows.
Summary of changes
- Added Toolbar icons
- New code editor based on QScintilla
- Added Splash screen
- Added SVG export
- Added AMF export
- Added --viewall and --autocenter cmd-line parameters
- GUI is now translated into German, Czech, Spanish, French and Russian
- MDI (Multiple Document Interface) is now available on all platforms
- Color schemes for viewer and editor can be user-edited using JSON files
- GUI components are now dockable
- Added Tickmarks on axes
- Performance improvement: 2D (clipper), preview, hull, minkowski, surface
- Performance improvement: Reduce duplicate evaluation of identical expressions
- Better recursion behavior
- STL export and import is now more robust
- Internal cavities are better supported
- New examples
- Windows cmd-line behaves better
- Better mirror() and scale() behavior when using negative factors
- polyhedron() now takes a faces= argument rather than triangles=
- assign() is no longer needed. Local variables can be created in any scope